CYP Program Assistant
- Announcement Number:
- Open Register- CYP
- Child Care
- Position Status:
- Flex, No Benefits
- $14.06 - $17.46 Hourly (Locality Pay Incuded)
- Areas of Consideration:
- ALL SOURCES
- Relocation Expenses:
- NOT AUTHORIZED
- Application Email:
APPLY VIA USAJOBS.gov
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES The purpose of the CY Program Assistant is to provide appropriate developmental care and instruction for children and youth ranging in age from 6 weeks to 18 years in one or more CY programs. Routine day-to-day assignments are normally performed independently with technical assistance available from the supervisor when required. Routine assignments are spot-checked; the more technical assignments are closely reviewed for adherence to policies, procedures, and instructions. The duties and responsibilities of the CY Program Assistant have been grouped into categories, including curriculum, indoor and outdoor environment, interactions and relationships, supervision of children and youth, parent and employee communication, assessment, compliance, and additional responsibilities. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age with a high school diploma or equivalent
- CY-1702-01-Entry must have a HS diploma or GED.
- CY-1702-02-Target must have Completed the DoN Standardized Module Training AND 12 months of DOD standardized training courses and possess 1 year of experience working with children and youth. OR A Child Development Associate (CDA) credential or Military School-Age (MSA) credential and 1 year of experience. OR 2-year degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE), Child Development or related field of study, which can include Youth Recreation, Physical Education, Elementary Education, Secondary Education, Youth Development, Psychology, Social Work, Home Economics with an emphasis in Human Development, or other degrees as appropriate and 1 year of experience.
- Prior experience working with children and/or youth preferred.
- Knowledge in child and youth development to provide input to an efficient and effective program responsive to the needs of children and youth.
- Skill to implement developmentally appropriate child and youth development principles/practices and services to provide direct care and education for children and youth, individually or with groups of children and youth.
- Skill to promote and foster effective working relationships with children, and youth and coworkers.
- Skill to work cooperatively as a member of a team.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
- Possesses skill in oral expression to explain processes and procedures and to provide basic program information.
You are applying for a Federal Government position. Marijuana is a Schedule One drug under the Controlled Substances Act and therefore use of marijuana is illegal under Federal law. You will not be offered employment in this Federal position if your drug screening indicates that you have been using marijuana, even though the use of marijuana may be considered legal under state law. A positive drug test result for marijuana (or any other controlled substance) will result in withdrawal of the tentative job offer and ineligibility to apply for a position within the Department of Defense for six months from the date of the drug test."
Position is subject to special inoculation and immunization requirements as a condition of employment for working with children. Employee is required to obtain appropriate immunization against communicable diseases in accordance with recommendations from the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP), which includes the influenza vaccine.
HOW TO APPLY: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/556817300?t=1579123919841
OR SEARCH: CYP ASSISTANT or CYP
Applications remain active for 90 days, thereafter they will be purged. Failure to respond to phone messages may result in removal from file. Due to the high volume of applications received, the NAF HR Office is unable to notify each applicant of non-selection in the Open Register. Please feel free to reapply after the 90-day period.
Dept. of the Navy NAF is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or any other non-merit factors. Reasonable accommodations are provided to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact the Human Resource Office. The decision on granting reasonable accommodations will be on a case-by-case basis.
Navy Region Southwest is a drug-free workplace. The use of illegal drugs by NAF employees, whether on or off duty, cannot and will not be tolerated. Federal employees have a right to a safe and secure workplace. Sailors and their family members have a right to reliable and productive Federal workforce.
Must meet Federal Employment suitability requirements and successful completion of background investigation. Background investigations are conducted using fingerprint identification and completion of background inquiry forms. Employment subject to successful National Agency Background Check.