Custodial Worker, NA-3566-02
- Announcement Number:
- Position Status:
- Regular, Full Time
- $13.65 or equivalent step/salary - Hourly (Locality Pay Incuded)
- Areas of Consideration:
- ALL SOURCES
- Relocation Expenses:
- Relocation Expenses Not Paid
- Application Email:
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES This position is located at the Unaccompanied Housing operations at Naval Base Ventura County. The purpose of this position is to provide adequate and timely custodial services to the lodging operation. Ensures security of all guests is maintained at all times. Ensures guest privacy is maintained at all times. Must possess a welcoming manner and positive attitude; demonstrate effective communication skills; professionally interact with guests; answering guest questions concerning hotel facilities; and provide information about local attractions. Provide assistance in handling customer complaints, involving management as necessary. Performs custodial duties as required inside and outside of buildings including; but not limited to trash/garbage removal, sweeping, dusting, mopping, vacuuming, washing walls/windows, and sanitizing bathrooms/kitchens. Cleans all lobbies, passageways, stairwells, laundry rooms, public restrooms, and other common areas in and around buildings. Loads, unloads, and relocates heavy, bulky items such as furniture, supplies, and linen (clean and dirty) by hand or using carts, dollies, hand trucks, golf carts, or similar lifting/carrying devices. Performs deep cleaning as required. Deep cleaning may include defrosting refrigerators and freezers, cleaning windows (interior and exterior), replacing and/or cleaning drapes/curtains, moving furniture, and cleaning normally hidden areas, carpet cleaning (shampoo and/or sport treatment), cleaning walls/woodwork, and other such tasks. Deep cleaning may require the use of pressure washers, steam cleaners, floor buffers, and carpet cleaning machines. Assists management with the facilities inventory control program. Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Able to apply general knowledge of cleaning procedures and proper use of cleaning equipment and approved, commonly used chemicals (including MSDS) and adherence to basic safety policies as required.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively in English both verbally and in writing with management, staff, and guests.
- This position may be designed ALPHA personnel for inclement weather or in the interest of national security and may be required to report for work when other employees are excused
- This position is subject to the possibility of workdays on weekend and holidays, as well as, rotating shifts, often consisting of other than normal duty hours
- The staff member may be recalled to duty and/or required to work overtime, including on an emergency basis
- In order to verify fitness for duty, a complete physical examination may be required.
- May be required to possess a valid state driver’s license, as travel to other facilities may be required within the normal scope of the duties.
- This position is subject to favorable National Agency Check (NAC).
- The incumbent is expected to obtain certification in housekeeping and all training outlined on the Lodging Career Path Guide.
HOW TO APPLY You must submit a NAF Internal Application or NAF Employment Application to the NAF Human Resource Office, Building 41 2nd floor, Rm 202, Naval Base Ventura County, Port Hueneme or mail to: Building 1180, 29th Avenue, Naval Base Ventura County, Port Hueneme, CA 93043 or fax to (805) 982-5454. For job application email: NBVC_MWR_HRO@navy.mil. We reserve the right to close this position without further announcement. Applicants claiming spouse preference must complete a NAF Employment application and submit with valid PCS orders attached. Applicants who do not meet the above requirements may not be interviewed. Due to volume of applications received, applicants may not be notified of non-selection. RESUMES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT NAF EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION. Direct deposit mandatory upon employment Dept. of the Navy NAF is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or any other non-merit factors. Reasonable accommodations are provided to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact the Human Resource Office. The decision on granting reasonable accommodations will be on a case-by-case basis. Navy Region Southwest is a drug-free workplace. The use of illegal drugs by NAF employees, whether on or off duty, cannot and will not be tolerated. Federal employees have a right to a safe and secure workplace. Sailors and their family members have a right to reliable and productive Federal workforce. Must meet Federal Employment suitability requirements and successful completion of background investigation. Background investigations are conducted using fingerprint identification and completion of background inquiry forms. Employment subject to successful National Agency Background Check.