Maintenance Worker (NGIS), NA-4749-08
- Announcement Number:
- Position Status:
- Regular, Full Time
- $17.57 - Hourly (Locality Pay Incuded)
- Areas of Consideration:
- ALL SOURCES
- Relocation Expenses:
- Relocation Expenses Not Paid
- Application Email:
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: This position is located at the Navy Gateway Inns & Suites operation at Naval Base Ventura County. The purpose of this position is to perform facilities maintenance work, involving two or more skilled trades. Incumbent performs intermediate tasks and works independently as training and experience increase.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures security, and privacy of all guests is maintained at all times.
- Responsible for a variety of semiskilled and unskilled tasks involving standard methods related to the operation and maintenance of physical plant facilities.
- Performs work in at least two of the following trades requiring a higher level skill than NA-4749-07 in the maintenance and repair of buildings and related fixtures or having significant emphasis in one of the higher level licensed trades: electrical; heating, ventilation and cooling; or plumbing.
- Maintains work order log and follow up as required, and reports status to supervisor.
- Logs trouble calls with contractor as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum of two years experience with demonstrated skill in two areas (carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, electrical, painting).
- Knowledge in the applicable trades sufficient to perform the duties of the position.
- Knowledge of safety and environmental rules and regulations concerning procedures, tools, mechanical and electrified equipment, commonly used chemicals and basic safe work practices is required.
- Must possess a welcoming manner and positive attitude; demonstrates effective communication skills; professionally interact with patrons
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally, and in writing in English.
- Must possess a valid state driver's license.
HOW TO APPLY: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585565000?t=1606328188385 Announcement Closes at 9:00pm PST